Yard Sign Advertising Can Be A Cost-Effective Way Of Promoting Your Business
Among the various ways of promoting your business, such as distribution of paper flyers, website/internet marketing, and buying advertising time on local radio/television, a yard sign advertising program can be a very cost-effective marketing practice, especially for smaller or independently-operated firms. Custom yard signs are relatively inexpensive to produce yet they can pay significant dividends in return.
The primary objective of a yard sign advertising program should be lead generation, not expense (cost) generation. Your yard signs should clearly outline:
- Who you are (company name)
- What you do (a product or service)
- How to contact you (phone number or website address)
and refrain from any complicated messages and graphics that will detract from that goal.
For maximum impact (i.e.: highest potential return on investment) from your yard sign advertising program, your custom yard signs should be prominently displayed on the job site for as long as possible. An effective display timeline might be:
- Place the sign at the job site when the job is sold (not when the actual work starts)
- Keep the sign in place for the duration of the job (periodically check on its placement)
- Leave the sign on-site after the job is done (return about a week later to retrieve it)
This extended exposure period is fundamentally the equivalent of free advertising to all individuals who may drive by/walk by the job site – before, during, and after the project.
Another way to maximize the cost-effectiveness of your yard sign advertising program relates to the type of material chosen for the signs. There are primarily three types of materials used in the production of custom yard signs:
- Paperboard – Less expensive but may only last for one season
- Corrugated plastic – More durable but still have a limited lifetime
- Polybag – Most cost-effective (repeated use over several seasons)
In summary, a well-designed and well-implemented yard sign advertising program will indeed be a cost-effective – and successful – way to market and promote your business.
Proper Design And Content Are Important Considerations For Custom Yard Signs
When preparing the design and content of your custom yard signs, it is important to keep in mind that “less is more” when it comes to advertising your business. Remember that the individuals who will be reading these signs will do so in passing i.e.: as they are driving or walking by the job site, so they will have a limited amount of time to process and/or record any of the pertinent or relevant details that catch or hook their attention.
Here are some guidelines that may be helpful when designing custom yard signs for an advertising program:
- Keep the message simple yet specific – name, product/service, contact information
- Consider a font that is easy to read (such as Arial or Verdana)
- Utilize prominent colours – perhaps limited to just two (one dark and one light)
- Simplicity of design – do not distract the reader with elaborate/ornate colour/content
- Avoid fancy logos/graphics – draw their attention to the message, not to the artwork
An effective yard sign advertising program is certainly more than just custom yard signs. Increase your company’s visibility and generate more leads and more business through a well-planned yard sign advertising program from Lawn Ads.