Design And Content Are Equally Important For Job Site Signs
Sometimes, independent businesses will invest significant amounts of time and money in advertising campaigns, only to be disappointed in the volume of revenue opportunities generated by that expenditure. When these business owners analyze such a failed effort in greater detail, they often learn that:
- Potential customers were confused by the advertising message
- The campaign was designed to appease/please the business owner
- Too much emphasis was placed on look/style rather than specifics
- A less expensive route i.e. job site signs would have been more effective – in terms of both advertising costs and in lead/revenue generation
Well-designed job site signs and yard signs can have a significant impact and influence on potential customers. As it is highly likely that people driving or walking by job sites will look at most advertising yard signs, it will be important to have signs that not only catch their attention, but also plant the thought that they may also require your services and should therefore make a note (mental or written) to call your office or visit your website.
Here is a brief list of the key elements to consider when designing your job site signs:
- Contact Information – Make company name/number prominent and easy-to-read
- Message – Should be clear and concise, perhaps kept to three or four words only
- Font – Ensure that letters and numbers can easily be discerned/read from a distance
- Colours – Use two contrasting colours, allowing words/numbers to stand out boldly
- Images – Must be relevant to the business (it is not Pictionary or a guessing game)
Job site signs and advertising yard signs that combine a distinct message with an eye-pleasing design will reflect positively on your business and attract a greater number of potential customers. Signs with well-crafted messages, bolstered by an appealing colour scheme, can and should always be proudly displayed on every job site.
How Job Site Signs And Advertising Yard Signs Are Displayed Can Affect Impact
Now that the design and content of your job site signs have been determined, the next step to ensuring the best impact from these signs relates to how they are placed on the job site. In other words, these job site signs will actually deter potential customers if they are displayed in an ineffective orientation or location.
Perhaps you have used one or more of the following phrases, or heard friends or family members utter such remarks, when looking at advertising yard signs:
- “I cannot read that sign from here.”
- “What did that sign say? I saw it too late.”
- “It is too far away to read it clearly.”
- “What sign? I did not see a sign.”
With no malice or disrespect intended for one’s eyesight, comments such as those above are often the result of poorly displayed job site signs. As a result, these situations become lost opportunities for potential business leads/revenues.
To maximize the positive impact of job site signs, here are some display simple tips:
- Positioning – Ensure that job site signs are unobstructed from every angle
- Height – Signs should be easily visible to vehicles and foot traffic (no neck-straining)
- Size – Yard signs that are too small are difficult to see and more difficult to read
- Timing – Install before job begins and leave posted for several days after completion
Job site signs are an economical and efficient means of advertising your products and services. Ensuring that your signs are designed with clear content and graphics, and appropriately positioned on all job sites can have a significant impact on your business and its reputation.
Interested in cost-effective job site signs and yard signs to generate opportunities and get your business booming? Call Lawn Ads today at 1-866-LAWN-ADS (529-6237) to get a complimentary quote on a complete advertising package.