Establish Greater Visibility Through Strategic Placement Of Outdoor Yard Signs
If there was just one company that posted outdoor yard signs in a defined geography, it might be safe to say that this company would have greater visibility, not to mention a higher percentage of business leads, than its competitors. Unfortunately, this scenario is not always the case, as any number of competitors may choose yard signs as a form of advertising.
So how does a company establish that greater degree of visibility versus its competitors under these types of circumstances? By developing and implementing an effective placement strategy for your yard signs.
Several factors should be taken into consideration when preparing your outdoor yard signs. These dynamics would include:
- Start early – jumpstart the season for your product/service (power of suggestion)
- Coordinate timing with other promotions/advertising (flyers/coupons)
- Any previous customers in an area who might agree to display your yard signs?
- Does your product/service align with the age of the homes and/or homeowners?
Areas Of Opportunity
- Needs and interests in newer sub-divisions? – pools, landscaping, fencing, etc.
- Needs and interests in older sub-divisions? – painting, roofing, renovations, etc.
High Traffic Areas
- Major thoroughfares/access roads are much better than cul-de-sacs, dead ends
- Residents of many sub-divisions essentially drive two main routes for entry or exit
Potential For Disturbance Or Removal
- Yard signs placed on lawns may be displaced for mowing purposes
- Signs located in planting beds/non-grass areas are less likely to be moved
- Ensure that all municipal by-laws are observed in relation to placing yard signs
- Ensure that private property owners have given their approval to post any signs
A well planned and well-timed strategy for placing your outdoor yard signs can be a cost-effective way to promote your company/product/service and establish a competitive edge in your local marketplace.
Specific Ideas And Tactics For Placing Your Outdoor Yard Signs
Once you have established an overall strategy for placing your outdoor yard signs, and the specific high traffic areas and/or areas of opportunity have been determined, there remains the critically important step of physically distributing or posting the yard signs.
The manner in which the signs are placed in the ground is just as important as the time and money invested in designing and printing them – and signs that seem to have been placed sloppy/hastily will be less effective as well as reflect poorly on the company.
The following guidelines/suggestions may be helpful when placing your signs:
- Have yard signs standing completely upright – not leaning or tilting
- Keep signs level/parallel to the ground (one side not higher than the other)
- Bottom of signs should be no less than six to 12 inches off the ground
- Signs can be slightly angled toward traffic volume for better exposure
- Consider positioning/clumping multiple yard signs in close proximity
- All such signs can be identical/have the same message
- All have different points that read as a full sentence from sign to sign
Another key point to bear in mind is the fact that outdoor yard signs can be subjected to inclement weather, unintentional removal, or (regrettably) to theft and/or vandalism. Therefore, it will be important to periodically check on the status/condition of your signs to ensure that they remain in place and are continuing to ‘perform’ as expected.
To maximize the investment in your outdoor yard signs campaign, call the experts at Lawn Ads today at 1-866- 529-6237 to discuss how to get the greatest visibility for your company using high quality and well-designed yard signs.