Common Mistakes In Lawn Signs Campaigns
From A Lack Of Attention To Detail
Regardless of the type of business, promotion, or campaign, the money that is allocated to advertising must be spent wisely and in a fashion that will generate a strong return on investment.
Face it – there is a lot of truth to the adage that money does not grow on trees. That is why many people and businesses turn to lawn signs as an economical yet effective way to advertise any of the following:
- Products or services
- Grand openings
- Fundraising events
- Candidacy for office
In the majority of cases, lawn signs must attract the attention of passersby and deliver a specific message within a few seconds. Well-designed and well-placed yard signs can accomplish this quite effectively, to the point where the reader is motivated to retain the information, either on paper, in their iPhone or iPad, or by committing it to memory.
However, that impact can be lost, along with the money invested in the yard signs and any potential business opportunities or support too, when errors or oversights are made in the design, printing, and/or placement phases of these marketing/advertising efforts.
There are several common mistakes that marketers/advertisers will make with respect to their lawn signs campaigns. Some of these errors are rather obvious while others are less overt, yet they all can/will leave readers with a negative impression of the product, service, or campaign – if they have any impact at all. The most frequent of these yard signs mistakes include:
- Neglecting to have the lawn signs printed on both sides – limits their placement
- Incorrect material for double-sided printing – message bleeds through in sunlight
- Incorrect material for repeated-use signs – less durable; added costs to replace
- Inadequate materials or frames – signs cannot withstand wind/weather conditions
- Improper placement – poorly angled or positioned; obstructed views or sightlines
- Improper placement – failure to comply with by-laws may lead to confiscation
- Spelling or grammar errors – what does this say about quality of product/service?
- Overly busy designs or content – too difficult to grasp message in a few seconds
- Poor/low exposure – in areas with low traffic, incorrect population demographics
- Undersizing – can yard signs and fonts be seen and read clearly from a distance?
- Missing data/unclear message – success less likely if sign is incomplete/confusing
- Lack of maintenance – signs not checked for damage; damaged signs not replaced
With attention to detail, both during the design and manufacturing stages as well as the placement and maintenance stages, all of the above mistakes can essentially be avoided, thereby ensuring a higher probability of generating leads or follow-up opportunities from the money invested in any lawn sign campaign.
While the in-the-field stages are direct responsibilities of the marketer or advertiser, the design and manufacturing expertise of a reputable yard sign supplier such as Lawn Ads will greatly reduce/eliminate any potentially costly errors during the preparation/pre-field stages.
The Importance Of Measuring The Impact And Success Of Your Yard Sign Campaigns
As with any marketing or advertising effort, it will be important to measure the impact and success of your yard signs. Since you and/or your team members will be going to great lengths to guarantee the mistake-free implementation of your campaign, it stands to reason that you will want to quantify the return on your investment.
There are many different parameters or measurements that can used/captured to assess and determine the success of a yard sign advertising campaign over a specified period of time. These criteria can include, but are not limited to, increases in:
- Requests for quotes
- Requests for information
- General website traffic
- Phone calls from new contacts
- Attendance figures
- Number of deals closed
- Absolute revenue
Possible methods for measuring such criteria would be direct phone call tracking and/or dedicated online landing pages.
Contact Lawn Ads Today
To avoid common yet costly pitfalls and ensure an error-free lawn sign campaign, call the advertising professionals at Lawn Ads today at either 416-461-1143 or 1-866-529-6237 to discuss how we can best support the planning and implementation of your advertising program.